Early Career Landscape Architect/Designer:
Damon Farber, an established landscape architectural practice in downtown Minneapolis, is seeking a positive Landscape Architect/Designer passionate about design, dedicated to collaboration and bold in approach. Our fun and creative culture, diversity of work, and fast-paced environment creates a vibrant and rewarding work place. Explore our website for a glimpse of our award-winning and diverse portfolio of work http://damonfarber.com/projects/.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, and 3-5 years of relevant experience in design are encouraged to apply. Requirements include proficiency in 3D modeling software, AutoCAD, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Writing, 3D rendering in Lumion, hand illustration, social media outreach, and photography are also valued skills.
Joining our team comes with an opportunity to work across a wide variety of project types and scales to help our clients realize and achieve their goals. We collaborate through an iterative design process to create exceptional outdoor environments for people, which reflect a sensitivity to the natural environment and a dedication to the needs of our clients.
Key Responsibilities & Traits:
– Help gather data to inform project analysis
– Collaborate with internal team to deliver design excellence
– Multi-task and play a role in numerous concurrent projects
– Communicate effectively with team members and clients
– Translate design into 3D models using SketchUp and/or Rhino
– Develop artistic design illustrations in Lumion
– Support colleagues, project managers and firm principles
– Participate in preparation of Schematic Design, Design Development & Construction Document Sets
– Prepare planning reports and graphics
– Help facilitate community engagement activities
– Participate in firm committees to maintain culture, ensure growth, and elevate design
– Creative and collaborative person interested in working within a team environment.
– Strong written and graphic communication skills, self- motivated and critical thinking skills.
– Required software proficiencies; AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator
– Beneficial software proficiencies; Rhino, Lumion, Revit
– Licensure not required but beneficial.
Position is full time, salaried, 40 hours/week with paid time off, holidays and a benefits package. Available immediately.
Please submit a resume and portfolio in digital (PDF) format along with a cover letter expressing how you’re a positive Landscape Architect passionate about design, dedicated to collaboration and bold in approach.
Marian Nelson, Office Manager, at email@example.com
Posted: October 2018